At Neuro-Groove we provide the ultimate experience in relaxation through the combination of Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage. Sessions are 1 hour or 1 ½ hour long. All massages include heat and aromatherapy tailored specifically to your needs. Please call for pricing and to schedule your appointment today.
What is massage?
Massage is a general term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, connective tissue and ligaments. Massage may range from light stroking to deep pressure. There are many different modalities of massage.
Including these common types:
• Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
• Deep tissue massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
• Neural Reset Therapy® (NRT) is a practical, rapid and reliable way to apply the laws of physiology with an advanced form of manual therapy. Muscles are controlled by the nervous system. Proper application of NRT resets the nervous system to release a muscle from excessive tension. With the reset, the knots, pain, and tightness are gone. To find a NRT therapist near you: http://www.neuralreset.net
• Myofascial release. Connective tissues called fascia surround the muscles, bones, nerves, and organs of the body. Sometimes restriction due to trauma, posture, or inflammation occurs. Myofascial release is a safe and effective hands-on technique that attempts to release the tension in the restrictive area. To find a certified myofascial therapist near you: https://www.myofascialrelease.com/find-a-therapist/
• CranioSacral Therapy. A system of alternative medicine intended to relieve pain and tension by gentle manipulations of the skull regarded as harmonizing with a natural rhythm in the central nervous system.
• Reflexology. A system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.
• Lymph Drainage Therapy. Lymph Drainage is a gentle, light-touch, noninvasive technique that helps to move along stagnant lymphatic flow. Stagnating fluid, toxins and wastes will be drained through the flow of lymph.
• Neuromuscular Therapy. Neuromuscular Therapy is the utilization of static pressure on specific myofascial points to relieve pain. This technique manipulates the soft tissue of the body (muscles, tendons and connective tissue) to balance the central nervous system.
Benefits of massage
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It's increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations. Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. While more research is needed to confirm the benefits of massage, some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
• Digestive disorders
• Insomnia related to stress
• Myofascial pain syndrome
• Soft tissue strains or injuries
• Sports injuries
• Temporomandibular joint pain
Beyond the benefits for specific conditions or diseases, some people enjoy massage because it often produces feelings of caring, comfort and connection.
Despite its benefits, massage isn't meant as a replacement for regular medical care. Let your doctor know you're trying massage and be sure to follow any standard treatment plans you have.
At Neuro-Groove we believe that there is not only one way to assist the body in optimizing itself. We wanted to create a website where someone searching for information regarding holistic modalities of therapy could do so in one place. Any information stated by Neuro-Groove or its affiliates is solely intended to support any advice that has been given to someone by their primary physician.We fully believe in and support the medical community. Please discuss with your doctor any actions you might consider taking BEFORE you incorporate or try any of these supplemental holistic modalities of therapy into your routine. Neuro-Groove is not a replacement for medical advice. The idea has always been to work hand in hand with your doctor/s - not to replace them. Please also note that holistic modalities of therapy do not work the same for everyone in the same way. Each person’s healing process is unique to them. We wish you much success!!! Please send us your testimonials and experiences! EMAIL US
1201 N Post Rd. Suite 2, Indianapolis, IN 46219
4250 W 99th St. Suite 100, Carmel, IN 46032